"Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged."

I want to teach my children that nobody is perfect. Kindness in all things. That our flaws may be someone else's strength, and our strengths someone else's struggle. "Judge not lest ye be judged." That each and every person has great worth in our eyes, but more importantly in the eyes of God. That there is no time to judging if we are constantly loving. I try to apply the following quote by Pres. Uchtdorf daily, and I'm grateful that it comes pretty second nature: "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." That includes loving and not judging because of someone is of a different opinion, background, race, religion, political affiliation, or orientation.

Throughout Middle School and High School, I didn't really have one group of friends that I hung out with on a regular basis. That meant that I spent lots of weekends with different people or at home. Sometimes at that age, it was lonely not having a "clique," but I learned early on that it was important to me to have friends of all backgrounds, even if I just saw them at school. I traveled the world with my family growing up, and seeing the sides of the world that weren't perfect or easy shaped my perspective. I'm grateful for everyone. The diversity of all people in the world is what makes each place uniquely beautiful. Here's the other thing: Your parenting decisions are nobody's to judge. If we are loving our kids and giving them a safe environment where they can thrive--it doesn't matter if you decide to have 1 child or 10. If you feed them sugar or not. If you breastfeed or not. If you cloth diaper or use disposables. Those aren't the important things. The small moments with our children where they feel loved, needed, and cherished are. 
I find great comfort in knowing that I'm NOT the judge. Everyone will get to relay and explain the things the decisions they have made to the actual judge. That takes any pressure off of us, and gives us full permission to love. In fact, isn't that the first and great commandment? "Love one another."
Love you, friends, and hope you feel safe here!<3
XO
Sarah




           

No comments

Amazon

Amazon