Stop.

I got to go to the Temple tonight with one of my besties, and it was so much fun! As I was getting changed inside the dressing room, I was hurrying as fast as I could! The Temple Session wasn't starting for 20 minutes, but I was still moving so quickly, probably out of habit. Then, a little but firm voice in my mind said, "Stop." It surprised me a little bit because I really stopped everything I was doing and just stood there for a minute. As I stopped changing at lighting speed, I then had the thought, "Slow down. Slow down." I was so grateful for this little nudge because I recognized how quickly I've had been moving without even realizing it. The Temple is such an amazing place to slow down. To meditate. To pray. To have a few hours of no distractions. It's such a good feeling. Then I thought about how I could apply it to every day. I started praying for ways to be intentional and slow things down. I came off of a day feeling like I had bombed Motherhood, and was also praying for ways to be a better Mom. It was amazing to me how my answers came in small ways-- in little thoughts or promptings, and they somehow all tied together. Man are that they might have JOY. I feel like there is definitely wisdom and joy to be found in slowing down sometimes. I am happiest with my kids when I'm soaking in, breathing in those small moments. I feel like it's also a huge blessing to sometimes "Stop." Stop everything for a minute and think about what really makes us happy. What brings us joy? And then focus on those things and find ways to weed everything else out. Such a simple thing, but just wanted to share my little thoughts from this beautiful place! Happy Weekend!
XO
Sarah


No comments

Amazon

Amazon