Anxiety Project: Hope and Help for Your Nerves Chapter 1

            


You guys, SO stoked to finally have chapter 1 done for this book! Like I said in the video, I was about to start filming a couple of months ago, and I started having anxiety. Like BAD. I almost gave up and told my husband I didn't want to be someone who was trying to help and still be having things like that happen, and his words were so supportive to me. I don't remember what he said, but it obviously helped, because here we are. We don't have to be perfect before we try to outstretch our hands to help, even in some tiny way.

Chapter 1 Highlights:

The Power Within You

Dr. Weeks talks about how she will talk about how nervous illness begins and develops and how it can be cured. She asks for courage and perseverance, but makes it clear that she isn't asking for patience, since someone who is nervously ill is rarely patient. Their nerves are agitated and it can seem impossible to read, stay in line, sit through school or church meetings.

One of the things I love is that she calls Anxiety being "nervously ill," instead of mental ill. I liked that distinction, because it made so much sense to me that you can experience physical symptoms because of nerves, and our nerves can become agitated because of thought patterns. It was a lightbulb moment the first time I read it, even though I already thought I knew the concept. There are a lot of things in this book that are like that, I understand them in a new way the way she describes them, and she is super blunt, so I think those might be some of the reasons I like it so much!

*NOTE: Just like in both videos, if you feel that you may have a mental/nervous illness, please please, please be sure to talk to your doctor. You don't have to go through it alone or without help! Assuming you've talked to your doctor, then I hope this helps in some way!<3

Those are just a couple of points, there are more in the video! If you would like to order the book, it's called Hope and Help For Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes!:)

XO
Sarah



Chapter 1 is up on the website & YouTube from the @thedaintypear Anxiety Project!🎥 We are going through the book "Hope and Help For your Nerves!" chapter by chapter. While working on this project, I asked my husband so many times, "Is this a dumb idea?" A couple of months ago when I was about to start filming all of the videos, I started having some of the worst anxiety ever! I wanted to wait until I was in a healthy place before jumping back in, and it came with all sorts of doubts and nerves. I felt that it was best to push through it, because we don't have to be perfect before we try to help in some way. So here we are.😂 After a couple of my previous videos on the topic, I had a few sweet messages of people reaching out saying that it was actually helping them that gave the motivation to do that. If nothing else, I want other Women and Mamas out there to know they're not alone if they are going through something similar, because it is SO real and SO not fun! And hopefully together, we can break stigmas, uplift each other, and connect with one another!💕 Link👉🏼@thedaintypear.🍐 #thedaintypear #tdpanxietyhealing
A post shared by Sarah C. ||The Dainty Pear🍐 (@thedaintypear) on

No comments

Amazon

Amazon